What’s Happening with Pumpkin?
- This week, she weighs almost 2 pounds.
- She is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended.
- She’s sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers.
- With more brain tissue developing, her baby’s brain is very active now.
- While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now.
What’s Happening with Mama?
- Total weight gain/loss: 30 pounds
- Maternity clothes? Yes
- Best moment this week: Passing the Glucose Tolerance test
- Food cravings: Anything peanut butter or chocolate
- Belly button in or out? In.
Stretch Marks? Still none so far….I am going to thank the lots of water I’ve drank and all the lotion that M has rubbed on my belly.
- What I miss: Being discomfort free – my left hip and pelvic region have started to experience some pain. My doctor says it is just my body loosening up for birth, but it makes sitting for long periods of time uncomfortable.
- What I am looking forward to: Family trip to Atlanta to take Big Sister Joycie to the children’s museum
What’s Happening with Daddy?
- M loves watching my belly change shapes as Pumpkin moves around inside.
- He recently learned that he will be overseeing projects in Waycross at least thru August, which means he is only blocks from my office so we can have lots of lunch dates!