Wow, another 2 weeks have gone by. I totally missed my 14 week update….but things were crazy around here and I just never got around to snapping a bump pic. Now that I’m 15 weeks, I feel like I have hit the sweet spot of pregnancy. I’m sleeping better, can eat all the foods I love without gagging, and feel a little less weepy. I think that’s the reason the 2nd trimester is often call the honeymoon trimester. So on to the update:
What’s Happening with Pumpkin
- Pumpkin measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple).
- He/She’s busy moving amniotic fluid through his/her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop.
- Although his/her eyelids are still fused shut, he/she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, he/she’s likely to move away from the beam.
What’s Happening with Mama?
- Total weight gain/loss: 15 pounds
- Maternity clothes? I am still wearing my pre-pregnancy dresses and leggings. However, I am now exclusively in maternity tops and jeans for after work activities.
- Workouts: Walking at least 2 miles a day, Physique 57 and T-25 (low impact modifications) DVD’s.
- Best moment this week: Walking the ZoomaRun Florida 5K. It was awesome getting to share the experience with my closest friends and have people tell me that they were blown away that I’d do something like that nearly 4 months pregnant.
- Food cravings: Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- Belly button in or out? In.
- What I miss: Nothing. Like I said earlier, I’ve hit the sweet spot of pregnancy.
Well, that’s the news from our corner of the world. What’s happening with you?