Good morning everyone! As of yesterday, I am officially 13 weeks pregnant. This means (according to some sources) I am now in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. This trimester is often referred to as the honeymoon phase of pregnnacy – as morning sickness and fatigue tend to lessen, and the pregnancy “glow” appears.
During my first pregnancy, I started taking bump pics and writing weekly up dates at 7 weeks. However, given my scare at 8 weeks, I opted to wait until we were out of the first trimester when the risk of miscarriage significantly decreases. Now, I promise this space is not going to turn into a pregnancy blog, but I will be sharing weekly updates of how I am feeling, what’s happening with Pumpkin (the baby’s nickname), etc
What’s Happening with Pumpkin
- Fingerprints have formed on Peanut’s tiny fingers.
- The organs and veins can be seen through the still thin skin.
- Peanut is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce
What’s Happening with Mama?
- Total weight gain/loss: 13 pounds
- Maternity clothes? Yes, at least maternity tops. My bust line is much bigger this pregnancy which means all of my normal tops are too tight. I can still wear my pre-pregnancy jeans, skirts, and a few pairs of dress pants.
- Workouts: Lots of walking (aiming for at least 30 minutes a day) and the Physique 57 DVDs!
- Best moment this week: Hearing the baby’s heartbeat at the doctor! Peanut’s heartbeat was strong, steady, and averaging 150 beats per minute.
- Food cravings: Cereal and milk – particularly Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter. I have been having a small bowl with almond milk as an evening snack.
- Belly button in or out? In.
- What I miss: My stamina – everything takes longer now because I seem to tire easily. At least it is a good excuse for taking naps on the weekend.
So that’s what is happening this week. Now it’s time for a workout, followed by grocery shopping! It’s shaping up to be a busy Saturday in the Lee household.
Your turn – What are you doing on this chilly Saturday?