Emaleigh, you are now 1 month old!
Just like with your sister Joycelen, I am going to document your milestones each month on this blog. I know all too well that you will grow quickly, and as time passes your baby moments will grow dimmer in my mind. By creating these posts each month, I can forever remember your babyhood. Enough of Mama’s rambling, let’s start discussing what is happening with you this month.
- You weigh 11 lbs, and 6 ounces. You started life weighing 10 lbs and 5 ounces, so you have gained over a pound since birth.
- You are measuring 21 and 1/2 inches long.
- You are wearing 0-3 month clothing and size 2 diapers.
- You eat 3 ounces of expressed breastmilk every 2.5 to 3 hours, and generally nurse for 30-60 minutes a few times a day. I tend to view these nursing sessions more as comfort nursing and I enjoy our special time together.
- Like your sister, you have been a fairly good sleeper from birth. During the day you tend to sleep 2.5 hours at a time. During then night, you sleep between 3 to 4 hours at a time. We are working on getting you on a feed-wake-sleep schedule which we think will be increase both the quantity and quality of your nighttime sleeping.
- You are starting to smile and especially love to grace your big sister with your toothless grin
Emaleigh, your birth took us from a family of 3 to a family of 4. Daddy and I were eager to arrival but admittedly nervous about how we would handle this change to our family dynamic. I can honestly say that the transistion has been pretty seamless. You fit perfectly into a hole in our family that I never realized was there and we can not imagine life without you. We love you!