13 Weeks and Glowing
What’s Happening with Peanut?
- Fingerprints have formed on Peanut’s tiny fingers.
- The organs and veins can be seen through the still thin skin.
- Peanut is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce.
What’s Happening with Mama?
- Total weight gain/loss: 5 pounds
- Maternity clothes? Not yet, but I have had to purchase pants in a larger size.
- Sleep: Sleep was the best it has been in quite awhile this past week.
- Best moment this week: Hearing the baby’s heartbeat at the doctor! Peanut’s heartbeat was strong, steady, and averaging 150 beats per minute. Dr. H was quite pleased.
- Food cravings: Cereal and milk (I had 3 bowls for supper last night).
- Belly button in or out? In.
- What I miss: My stamina – everything takes longer now because I seem to tire easily. At least it is a good excuse for taking naps on the weekend.
- What I am looking forward to: Taking Peanut to his/her first Georgia Tech football game next week.
What’s Happening with Daddy?
- Daddy is just over a week away from finishing project number one. This means he is crazy busy but things will slow down soon.
- Daddy’s smile when he heard Peanut’s heart beat was the sweetest site ever. Then he busted out some dance moves to the beat, and Mama died laughing.
- Cute Daddy moment: Last night Daddy spent the better part of 20 minutes trying to explain to Peanut how to give us a thumbs up on the ultrasound (schedueled for 18 weeks).